Structural Airframe Assembler - Hiring for Spring 2019
- Mid-February 2019
- If you have at least 2 years experience of aerospace assembly OR
- If you have at least 3 years of assembly experience using small power tools in a field other than aerospace – click here to get details and apply.
What We Are Looking For
- Youth between the ages of 18-29 eligible to work in Ontario
- Youth with the right aptitudes, attitudes and personal characteristics
- Youth with at least 2 years experience with structural airframe assembly OR
- Youth with at least 3 years experience with use of small power tools for mechanical assembly in fields other than aerospace
Through both classroom and on-the-job training, successful recruits will be hired trained to advance their career in Ontario’s booming aerospace industry as Structural Airframe Assemblers
Structural Airframe Assemblers
- Drilling, riveting, bonding, sealing, inserting bushings and fasteners, using hand and power tools – these are the major tasks a structural airframe assembler does every day
- Work as a member of a team or crew to produce these large structural airframe assemblies – which may take several weeks to complete.
- Operate job-related power and hand tools and produce completed product as per the work order or approved drawings, meeting all required quality standards and scrap standards – consistent and repetitive output is the goal.
- He or she uses knowledge of specific technical work practices, such as blueprint reading, applied math concepts, tools and measurement concepts as they relate to the specified job, as well as knowledge of general manufacturing technical practices and procedures that are applicable to all sectors of manufacturing.