August 2016 - We are currently recruiting for the OMLC Selection & Learning Program for CNC Machinists and CNC Operators to work at manufacturing companies in the Greater Toronto Area, Kitchener / Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph areas.
What We Are Looking For
- Youth eligible to work in Ontario between the ages of 18-29
- Youth with the right aptitude, attitude, and personal characteristics
- Youth looking to start a career in manufacturing, specifically machining
Through both classroom and on the job paid training, successful recruits will be trained to start a career in Ontario’s booming manufacturing industry as CNC Machinists and CNC Operators.
- program, operate, and maintain CNC Machines.
- set up machines that are capable of cutting, bending, forming, and polishing raw metal into finished parts and tools.
- read and interpret blueprints, programs and input data into a computer system
- monitor production, make careful adjustments, and inspect the accuracy of a machine's operation and resulting parts
- work with CNC machines such as drills, lathes, mills, presses and others that shape metals and plastics into finished parts or workpieces.
- read work instructions, load the machine with materials or workpieces, start machines and monitor operations to ensure it is performing properly.
- unload the finished part/workpiece from the machine and inspect the item to ensure it complies with all quality standards and technical specifications.
- deburr and/or polish completed parts/workpieces
How To Apply To The OMLC Program
First, visit www.omlc.ca to learn more about both the CNC Machinist and CNC Operator programs.
- For Youth: detailed information can be found about the programs – including videos showing the roles in action - and there are links to apply directly via Manpower Group.
- For Companies – detailed information can be found about how the program can help your business, the financial incentives available, the process, and who you can speak to about participating in the program.
April 30, 2015 - The OMLC held graduation ceremonies for it's first class intake of students in the CNS Machinist Level 1 program.
The students participated in the OMLC's CNC Machinist program which included three weeks of classroom training and 26 weeks of on the job training.
Way to go grads!
Join Us For An Information Session
CTMA Members and Affiliates in the Greater Toronto Area, you are invited to attend a short information session with hot breakfast buffet on April 21st to hear from Ontario SME precision machining company owners/managers about how the OMLC can help you select and train young people to become good CNC Machinists (Level 1) and good employees for the long run.
The CTMA is a founding member of the OMLC, along with OAC, CME and OCI.
The OMLC Offers You:
- FAST & GOOD – only 26 weeks to have capable, productive CNC machinists (Level 1) – ready to make money for your company
- RELIABLE – 90% success rate – very low risk for your training investment – a proven selection process and training program
- LOW COST – very low hiring and training costs – 50% lower than normal – including $8,000 cash contribution from OMLC
We have screened local candidates available now for you to interview. The next training program starts Monday, June 1, 2015. This is the last time this OMLC’s CNC Machinist (Level 1) Selection and Training Program will be offered.
When / Where
Please join your Ontario SME precision machining business colleagues on:
for a short information session to find out how your company can benefit through this innovative, highly effective program.
Joshual Alex Homoki, a youth going through the CNC Machinist Learning Program, shared a thank you with program organizers in early December 2014: “I know this is long over-due but I have completed my training for the CNC level 1 program, and have just finished my first shift at Compact Mould Ltd, so things have been busy. I would like to thank you for helping me reach this point. You have made my entire year worthwhile, as I now have a clear path in an interesting industry, something I have been trying to pursue with little luck. I can also say with absolute certainty that this opportunity has and will continue to change my life. That what you do is a gift and a god-send. Thank you for the help and support, and would like to wish you the best in the remaining year and upcoming one.”